Today is my birthday, and I turn 20 years old. Oh-em-geee. I didn't think this would be a big deal, because I didn't feel much of a difference in my past birthdays. But, I don't know what it is, this one feels absolutely different! As I was staying up to work on my assignment (ahead of time I might add), I heard my mother's alarm go off 10 minutes to 12:00am. Then, all of a sudden, I started to get nervous. I'm not sure of what, but I think I was actually nervous about turning 20!
The only other time I could really remember being excited was for my 13th birthday. I was sooo excited about being a teenager. Then, as the year gone by, I got less and less excited. Even for my 18th and 19th birthday, yes, of course I was happy, but I wasn't as excited as I was about turning 13. But, here I am. 20 years old, and I don't know if it is just me or not, but I honestly feel different! And this, was something I didn't expect from myself!
So, in honour of my 20th birthday, I decided to share 20 thoughts I have about being in my 20s!
1. I want to... study abroad. Or just go to a different country for a year and live through the eyes of another culture.
2. I'm excited for... my birthday weekend! (well, not this weekend), but in December when I celebrate my bday/jay's bday/ our anniversary!
3. I'm scared... that I won't live up to my own standards!
4. I'm loving... GLEE!
5. I'm hoping that... I'll graduate from university, and move on to greater things!
6. I'm currently... petting Penelope
7. I want to... take excreting and dieting more seriously!
8. I'm excited to... get out of my comfort zone and just try new things!
9. I'm grateful for... the love and support I have
10. I'm inspired by... love
11. I want... a puppy or a bunny! Just a little buddy for Penelope!
12. I'm scared and excited... to be brave enough to move out of my parents... eventually!
13. I'm excited to... live day by day in my 20s!
14. I don't want to... get wrinkles!
15. I want to... get married within the next 10 years :)
16. The best thing about being a teenager was... being a teenager and just having my parents to fall back on!
17. I'm hoping... I'll find my dream career that I'll love
18. I want to... learn a new language! Thinking about trying sign language.
19. I'm scared of... getting older
20. I'm thankful for... my life, and being able to make it this far.